View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Last night I had a little fun in the T/A: it's has a 71 455 thats never been rebuilt in it (sans timing chain and new gaskets in 1990) and a 3.08 posi in the ass end of her.

Well, a newer 4.6 Mustang pulled up maybe 2 years old ? Kid started blippin' the throttle. Honestly, I didn't want to race him the engine runs great but, its a stock low compression Bonnie engine, so I didn't think I'd try him.

I got tired of the punk, so I backed up and heated the tires up so the car might hook up.

When the light turned green it was on !

The T/A hooked up and I had a 1/2 car length on him out of the hole. I wound the old engine up to 5,200 before shifting it hoping it didnt blow it to hell. He stayed at that 1/2 car length as I didnt gain on him and he didnt gain on me.
I had my foot to the radiator on the throttle and shifted it again at 5200 hoping the old '55 would forgive me for not having any mercy on it.
Coming down Manchester to the next light I backed down as I was hauling ass and the kid did a ricer drive by as if he won. It was kinda funny watching him lock his brakes up hard at the light where a cop car was hiding thast promptly pulled his ass over

Slim victory; but I think I'll be taking a boring bar to the old engine this spring

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.