View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 08:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys. I am still studying the whole thing out. The R4 has to do for now. It is a brand new (not rebuilt) for a 92 Firebird that was left on my doorstep, long story. At the time I made the choice to buy the Holley LS brackets so I really don't want to go back and spend $200 for Sanden and $200 for brackets.

My current plan is to eliminate the factory POA and replace with $100 "tube" with fittings on it. Although I have cleaned the stock POA and reset it to 26PSI I might try running it like it is but given the fact I need to cycle the R4 compressor and plan on using the trinary setup it might be better to eliminate it. Here is link to new tube.

https://www.oldairproducts.com/produ...122575-c157490

Then buy a generic $60 condenser (15"x27") that has #6 and #8 outlets. Get a universal drier and buy fittings from RockAuto and hoses as needed and get crimped at local hydraulics shop. I will use a trinary switch at or on the drier and not use the binary in the above POA replacement tube. I can vacuum and charge. Just need to do come with idea on how much oil to put in, The R4 supposedly has 3oz from factory. I figure 2oz for stock evaporator and 2 more for the condenser and maybe 1 or 2 for the drier/lines so 8-9oz total and cross my fingers.

One thing I am trying to figure out is what the thread/fitting sizes are on the POA valve. I lost my pitch gauge and don't have a fitting to work.

Last edited by crustysarge; 04-16-2020 at 08:23 AM.