View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carousel72TRed View Post
Thank you very much 68gtoMN. I can tell you the split on the fan shroud is from somebody leaning on the fan shroud hump. I have sent a picture to you of the divot on the underside of the hood and if the shroud hump is taller than the fan shroud top cover on a 68 hood then my idea might work. Please verify my ram air hood is a 69 ram air hood. This hood was option with no hood tach which makes this hood pretty rare I believe.

Carousel72TRed
I can validate, from your picture, that your hood is either a 1969 or 1970 hood based on the divot. You can determine month/day of production of this hood from the two date stamps that your hood will have, but determining which year (69 or 70) is not doable, as far as I know.

The two spots for date codes:
  1. Driver's side of hood, on the vertical flat surface where the side of the hood meets the fender
  2. Driver's underside of the hood, near the windshield, on the support brace. This would be behind where a hood tach hole would be cut. You should find a stamp like 03 29 (March 29).
The point being that hoods are date coded in two spots, if you care to read them.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
The Following User Says Thank You to 68gtoMN For This Useful Post: