View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carousel72TRed View Post
Thank you very much 68gtoMN. You have been a wealth of information and help to me in determining production origins and date coding. I just took a picture of the hood date code and from what I can read it looks like it reads 1C16 with a B clearly to the right. I am assuming this means it was produced in February or March. As I stated earlier this is a ram air hood without the hood tach and it is my understanding they made very few of these and I have seen ads in my GTOAA magazine looking for one (not for sale).

Carousel72TRed
The numbers are what is important to you. The letters may signify plant and shift of creation, but 1/16 = January 16th for the date of the hood stamping. You should also look for the stamping on the vertical edge of the hood, driver's side near the Endura bumper. One other bit of information to help you understand all of this is that the hood is comprised of two separate stampings, joined together. The under hood structure and the visible topside metal. That's why there are two date stamps. It is possible to have different dates, but nearly all that I have seen are the same.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)