Thread: The Parts Place
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Well, here is my follow up to my mess. Took a number of calls to their call center. Got India twice, Salvador once, the Phillipines once, and west Texas twice after requesting to speak to an American - which I recommend.

The gal in India took my info and gave me a reference ID number. I waited several days and heard nothing, then called again. Spoke with a guy in west Texas who said the gal in India did not process my claim correctly and he did it all over again. Told me to wait 2-3 days and I should hear back, or call. I gave them 5 days and they did call.

This time I spoke with a guy from North Carolina. He said they could not retrieve nor find my package, so they were calling my item lost in transit and going to refund me the price of the item. I then got a case number to go with the original tracking number.

OK, great, but now the thing is the the item was sold me by an Ebay seller. He has to file for the re-imbursement using the tracking number and my case number. So I don't get my money back, the seller gets my money back and then I have to trust the seller to get my money back to me.

But, I don't want my money, I want a replacement item which the seller says he does have. So I told him to process the claim and when he gets re-payment, take that as payment for my replacement item, EXCEPT I want it shipped UPS and to my work address so I actually get it. He had provided free shipping and I told him I will cover any additional charges for UPS shipping.

So the seller and myself are on the same page and he has processed the Fed-Ex claim and is waiting payment. The seller has a 100% rating and he said he has never had this happen. So I am taking his word for it and will hopefully get my replacement item and all will be well.

Learned lesson. Never ship Fed-Ex and even if the seller says he is using USPS, do not ship to a Post Office where your post office box has been for 25 years. Ship it UPS to your Post Office, or better yet, to your work address. If you have a home street address then you are OK. I receive all my mail at my local Post Office, or workplace with regards to packages.