Thread: Old man tools.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
That lift table is fine if you have one at both ends of your trip, that's not always the case though. Here's one of my favorite items I bought on sale from Menard's which can be used at either end of the trip to load and unload up to 800lbs. into the back of my dually.

67 next month, and have abused my body making my living as a mechanic since I graduated from high school/votech in 1970. I need every aid I can find since I didn't understand the, "Work smart, not hard" adage until my back and other parts of my body started not healing like they did when I was younger, too little, too late.

Lift is the next thing I need to get, always had one at my workplace, but never got one for myself at home. At one of my home garages I did have a pit, almost as useful as a lift, but in this part of the country they have a habit of filling with water when the water table rises, too much clay most places.
I have one of those also but never installed it. What does it use for bracing under the bed?

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge