Thread: Old man tools.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My pickup swiveling boom/winch HD unit was designed by a proud 'Merican, used in the Oil Patch for 2 years, then removed when the Oil Services company reorganized. The in bed hoist was then given to me as was always moving Pontiac shortblocks & longblocks. Would state its a much more versatile unit, not nearly as obtrusive as the above piece as the upright mast folds over for storage. The long portion of the mast lays across the top of the wheelhouse. Fold the mast up, latch the latch, then pop the near 5ft long boom on it. Small electric winch runs its cable through a pulley at the end of the boom. winch control normally goes in the glovebox, plug it when needed.

For mounting in the right rear corner of my older Cummins 3/4 ton, a heavy steel bracket (nearly a foot long) mounts outboard of the frame rail behind the rear leaf spring mount & on top of it, bolts a long rectangular piece of plate steel across to the drivers side frame rail. That way, the load is transferred across the entire back of the rear frame, not just hanging off the side rail.