View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If there's still air in the system you didn't perform the bleeding procedure correctly.

As someone that had to have other peoples lives riding on the performance of the brake system, and have all the liability that goes along with it, I can get the pedal just as high with gravity bleeding, as any other method.

The fluid displaces air, if done correctly the system is completely full of fluid with zero air. There are various ways to displace air from a system, if the air is entirely evacuated, the end result is going to be the same, no matter how the air is evacuated. Gravity bleeding is based on a siphon method, done correctly it does just as good as any other method.

If you pour fluid into a jar until it's full, and screw the lid on it there is no air in that vessel. Pulling vacuum, or trying to force more fluid in under pressure isn't going to fill it any further. Telling me that putting a pump on a system is superior to gravity bleeding, sorry, not in my experience.

It's a free country, do your bleeding however you choose to, I know what has worked for me for decades. Having worked in more than a few dealerships and garages I can tell you that the majority of mechanics gravity bleed brakes, because they can't always find someone to pump the pedal, and not everyone has a pressure bleeder or a vacuum bleeder handy. You finish the repair, fill the master cylinder and let it bleed while you're cleaning up and putting tools away. Close the bleeders, test the pedal and top off the system. Do a road test, and you're done.

I'm finished with the dispute, if ya'll wanna argue more, feel free.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated