View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorg1 View Post
Shiny,

I agree that fluid in the lower lines will have some effect, quite possibly enough to generate a flow. That will have to be determined.

When an entire system is replaced there will be no fluid in any of the lines. If the main run of line is replaced there will be very little if any fluid left in the lines.

The residual valves were included in rebuild kits not sure if they can be purchased alone.

Purchased the kit, Raybestos MK1108 from Rock Auto in 2014 it was $21.00

It doesn't look like they are available thru RA any longer.

I will look thru my collection of leftover stuff. If I have a valve I will get it to you.

Dave

http://www.stellarmachine.com/
I guess it's a little known trick, to fill an empty system, you bump the brake pedal at the top of the travel with the bleeders open, to more rapidly fill the system, when it starts leaking out the bleeders you wait for the bubbles to quit, then tighten the the bleeder. This works twofold by letting air out of the master cylinder at the top of the system. Looking at the reservoir it will bubble as you bump the pedal, your now bleeding air from top, and bottom of the fluid column, rapidly filling the system.

You surely can wait for the system to fill by itself, but if you work flat rate, and it's not dripping by the time you get the car lifted, or crawl under it, you can expedite it by just bumping the pedal slightly. 99% of the time, it's already dripping out the bleeders by the time you fill the cylinder, and either lift the car, or lay on the creeper.

As I've said, never had a car that I couldn't get the air out of the system without the aid of pressurizing the system, or putting a vacuum on it. It's really tough to do a two man job with one man, but by relying on gravity you get rid of the need for the second man. Gravity is also free, no need to invest in more tools, or pester someone to help you bleed brakes.

As my father used to say, "Can't, never got a damn thing done", gotta figure out the problem, and solve it.

People that refuse to try something because they read somewhere that it "CAN'T be done, are doomed to follow like sheep.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated