View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On a serious note, I would just get a caliper and dust shield kit kit that does not require a spindle change-out unless you are installing dropped spindles or lowering springs, especially if you are planning on doing the by yourself.

My car was on a lift when I did mine. We used a transmission jack to compress the spring and a length of rebar through the shock mount to prevent a spring from flying out. I was able to swing the control arm down and remove the unloaded spring with a pry bar.

On the reinstall, it took 3 of us to get the uncompressed springs back in the pockets. You would think what came out should go back in, but it didn't and the replacement springs were correct to the car. Even with the lower control arm swung down to its lower limit, no way was the spring going back in without brute force. Once seated, we used the transmission jack to compress the spring with the lower control arm. We had to use ratchet straps from the frame to the arms of the lift to keep the car from coming off of the lift as theer were no wheels on the car at the time. Once the spring was partially compressed, we were able to attach the spindle to the control arm.

I would never do that again and had 2 really burly guys helping me with it.