Thread: Racing Helmet
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arai and Bell make nice helments and i can attest to the crash quality of both brands.
After 2 motorcycle wrecks one being my fault and hitting a Very large pot hole at over 80 mph and flipping numerous times wearing the Bell helmet, and the last wreck at about 55 where i was run over by a Toyota "Damn Rice" , where i was wearing the Arai helmet. Both helmets survived the wrecks like a Champ. Both were full face units, and neither cracked, and the arai is still in service by a friend of mine who was using a Bell from the early 70s, after my wreck my wife decided i was done riding for a time and so i gave the Arai to a my buddy because even after being in a wreck it was 100 times better than his 70s model Bell.
Needless to say if i had not been wearing the helmets i may not have been dead but i would have been a hell of alot uglier, the doctors at the hospitals look at both helmets after the wrecks and said helmets saved my life both times. Needless to say im an advocate of helmet wearing on bikes and Fast cars.
So in conclusion get a decent helmet at your local motor bike shop...Shoei, Bell, Arai are excellent units and they can all be gotten for under 200 bucks, just buy a lower model and paint it up like OMT did ...nice paint btw OMT.
Mike
If anyone cares to see the before and after pics of my last Rice rocket email me and i will be glad to show you what a Toyota Tercel can do to an FZR 600, which by the way i think almost out weighs the car LOL. Also have some nice Skinned upo body pics :P if your into the gorey crap. They will make you WANT to wear a helmet and Leather.
Actually i think one of my friends who works at a local Motor bike speed shop has a Very nice Used Shoei for sale its black full face with head vents and smoke glass, think he was asking 100 bucks for it ill ask him about it if you like and get some pics if your interested. He is always getting used helmets in on trade in bikes, you know these crotch rocket guys, gota get a helmet that matches the ride :P so they buy new ones and he takes the old ones in with the old bike.
Mike