Thread: Beautiful Tools
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Having sold off the part of my fathers side of the estate I can tell you the older well taken care of USA made tools bring tons of people to a sale. My father was a mechanic, and avid wood worker most of his adult life.

We put an ad on Craigslist and a small ad in the newspaper and had a horde of people that came to buy tools. I didn't overprice anything as I was out in Prescott AZ, and wanted to move everything having limited time. My mother thought I'd want his tools, but most of the stuff that took up a lot of room were his woodworking tools mounted on stands that I had no room for at my house. Plus I'm not as an avid woodworker as my father was. I did go through the tool chest and removed all the better quality hand tools (Snap On, Mac, Proto, etc.), and took them back home with me.

All his hand power tools were corded, really old and mostly worn out, so I had nothing that I saved out of that stuff. Sold the oxy/acetylene torch, hoses, and tanks to some local guy out in Prescott. My oxy/acetylene setup is in much better shape than his was, no sense in carting all that stuff 2000 miles home.

Every time I use his tools I get kind of sentimental because he taught me everything he gained over his lifetime about repairing everything mechanical. Listening to the old timers I found out years ago is priceless, saving you time, and money over the long haul. Dad passed in 2007, I still miss him every day.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated