View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Could barely make it through the first page of this before tears started welling up.....some crazy deals at times I would have figured deals like that didn’t exist.

First Pontiac was a 71 LeMans sport ragtop. Bought it January/February 1988, my sr year in HS, for $1500. Had to sell a road bike i built from the frame out, even laced the wheels, to fund the purchase. Tired 350 2bbl, 350 auto on the column. Told a guy I used to work with about it, said he had one similar about 5 years earlier. When I showed it to him turns out it was same car. He said a former Washington Redskin owned it before him.

2nd was a 70 Firebird Esprit in 1990 for $1000. Originally 350 2bbl that somebody dropped a 400 4bbl / 400 trans in it. Had a shop bay paint job, white over the original Atoll blue, even the ralleys ( 14x7s that I traded for 15x7s....derrrr ) got painted white. It also had a later Camaro spoiler that I eventually corrected. Guy that had it before me, never met him, but he was a member of Team Green. Some months later I’m going through the back of the dash and stashed up there was a 35mm film can, packed full with green.

March of 1993 a 1970 GTO hardtop, $300. Complete, minus engine/trans. I spent my spring break from college tearing into it, my first “restoration” project. If anybody recalls, that was the big east coast snowstorm, and I was out in the snow tearing it apart. Still have it, at a friends house, and we’re debating on putting it together and selling as a driver or just loading all the stuff for it inside and selling that way.

Last one, 2004, 1969 GTO ragtop for $12000. I had more dollars than sense in that deal. Driver, and I drove it around here and there for about 4 months. Went to change the timing chain, noticed it was way sloppy when replacing fuel pump, and found the crank had an endplay of ohhhh, 1/4”? That was the end of that and apart it came....still have that as well, and it’s still in a thousand pieces.