View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Mike Bramer writes- "nothing seems to be stopping anyone else". really? how about the NHRA national event? how about their divisional? Big money makers for the track- not there this year. you must not be aware of that. Also, the drift and drags have been shut down, people kicked out before due to not complying. police were called in, etc
Last Oct, when I tried to down size to just having the Friday night event, even through I had a signed contract, etc, etc. 2 weeks prior- My ADDITIONAL ADDED costs escalated over $4,000 if I had less than 1000 people or over $8,000 if it went over 1,000 people !! and I would be restricited on the number of people I can let through the gate! again to clarify- those were not the rental costs already signed and agreed on. No, those were additional/added costs 2 weeks prior to operate. this happened after they shut down and kicked out a crowd for drift and drags in oct.
And... now they are charging $10 for spectator parking on MY track rental! That is $10 to park your car and then they have to pay to get in the gate! Despite my track rental, they keep the $10 per car to park! that was a Rawhide decision. just the facts. you guy have no idea how expensive and how hard it is to do these each year. If I was not such a Pontiac nut, I would be long gone decades ago. If no passion, I do not see how anyone would put events on. and many beat me up for doing it.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 01-29-2021 at 01:03 AM.