View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
I dont think there is high demand for a restored 78 firebird. If it were a low mile unrestored example maybe. A firebird cloned to a T/A will be just that. Again, I dont think there is a lot of desire there. There are still plenty of real 78 T/A's for sale at reasonable prices. I would think that a restored 78 firebird would sell for the 7k-8k range, maybe upwards of 10k if it were to be 'concours' quality. IMO restoring a car like that is a losing proposition money wise. It may be a better donor for a real trans am in need of a resto. I think you are right on with your estimate of $15k for the work to be done. For $500 you almost cant pass it up. Another way to 'Make Money' with this car would be to clean it and get it running for a minimal cost then sell for $1500 - $2500.
Jim I just realized whom posted this, I am Roadking on TAC.
Hey Roadking. I looked on Hagerty’s website and good condition is $7500, excellent condition is $13,600. It’s not worth restoring. I don’t know if an engine rebuild would be worth it to get it in good condition, that might be a wash too. I’m still going to look at it and see what kind of condition it’s in. It looks rough on the outside from the one picture I saw, but if the body is straight it might be worth parting out.

How’s the 79 anniversary car coming along?