View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
My take on your car is this: You have made it clear that 20K is going to be the sale price, period. So how to find that 20K buyer? They are out there somewhere. IMO, the buyer of your car is not going to be thinking they need to repaint it. The car isn't worth a repaint, no offense. The buyer has to love the paint color it is. The buyer at 20K isn't thinking, I hate 72 GTO's so I am going to make it into a Lemans. That just doesn't make sense to me. But a buyer of a 20K 72 GTO also shouldn't have to be thinking, man 20K spent, and the headliner is pretty rough, and this low option car with factory AC is missing half the AC system. All these little things are taking a really nice car and squeezing the sale market into a tiny number. Each thing you fix, opens the market to more buyers. To me, having working AC on the car would be very important on a hot summer day. If I liked the color, working AC would seal the deal. Good luck with it. I happen to like 71-72 GTO's.
Only thing I have to say about this is that nobody around here (NY) drives their old car with the windows rolled up. So working A/C is a moot point.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post: