View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by etd66ss View Post
I can respect the originality standpoint, however that Roadster Shop take on the 71/72 GTO nose I think is an upgrade over the original look. Would I do that if 72 GTO's were say as desirable as my 66 Chevelle SS396?, probably not. And I guess, part of my reasoning for starting this thread was to get a feel for the current/future value of this model to gage the reception to a restomod.

By the way, I would never consider just putting a Le Mans nose on the car, the goal would be to modernize the cars looks to maximize the new chassis, the nose honestly needing the most attention followed by the interior.

Fixing the AC is an option and probably a good place to start if I decide to start spending money to increase the chance of sale. However, if I decide to start spending money on this car, it likely means it's no longer for sale, as I have inherently chose it as my next resto project... So, a conundrum.
Strictly an opinion. It seems pretty clear you are not "in love with this car". You have stated that you have a Chevelle you do like and another project car? If you begin spending real money on this GTO, you are taking a car with a limited sale market and just making the market that much smaller? I don't think this is the right direction. People wanting resto-mods want the car "their way", and what you do won't be the way they want it. As far as the AC system. Can't say I totally disagree with Greg above with completely eliminating it and putting an non-AC box in the car and change the controls to no AC. The way it is now, it presents a hacked-up, incomplete car with a major option, and a desirable one, inoperative and representing a major expense to fix. It's a deal breaker for many potential buyers. You have a nice car there, with major components missing under the hood. Please don't take this the wrong way but if you want to move on to your Chevelle and other projects, consider being a little flexible with the selling price and get on with life. If you were asking 20K, and you had a solid offer of 19K, is it really worth all this possible extra work for 5% discount?