View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
What's wrong with the H-O springs that you already have? As I recall they have a rate of 450lb/inch. Should be perfect. You may have to trim them, but the rate should be good.

Andrew
Figured I might try the set here that's already been cut first. The H-O springs are still fine.

Bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkey View Post
i'm not sure anyone would say that the LS7 is anything but a phenom. sick sick sick.

if you are talking about the recent HRM article where they thrashed through a bunch of GM crate motors through the yellow '69 chevelle? IIRC, they made a specific comment about the LS3 only 75 less horsepower than LS7 for half the price. ...would make that last 75 hp cost about $6,500.
I saw that artice and it convinced me to get started. The LSX engine family is pretty much the cream of emissions-friendly and fuel-efficient V8 street performance engines. The fact that the all-aluminum versions are easily 1/3 lighter than most any iron V8 is just the icing on the cake.

The 505 HP 7.0 LS7-powered Z06 'vette is rated at 14/24 city/highway, the standard 430/436 HP 6.2 LS3 'vette is rated 16/26.

Pretty incredible, 11 and 12-second cars that can get such good fuel economy.

Even the lowly 325 HP 5.7 LS1 in my '02 WS6 automatic runs mid to low 13s without even trying hard. It's bone stock, all the way down to the cast iron exhaust manifolds, 2-1/4" headpipes off the cats joining into a 2-3/4" single exhaust pipe. Regularly gets 18 in the city, 26-27 highway.