View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

It is that thing about short term memory loss...LOL I actually slowed the car down from its peck....
I made it more the way it was for 1971 Popular Hot Rodding article it the claim was 11.68. I put all the striped out interior back in the car, including the back seat, heater, radio and wiper system. I made it legal for the street. I took the NOX out of the car too. There is no roll cage, external on/off switch, an few other item they now want for safety....
I took it Milan Drag for the Pontiac Enthusiast article in 2006 and backed off several feet from the finish line, the car felt very strong. I coasted to 11.51 at 119 MPH. How luckly was I with a 11.49 break point...
The potential for 10's is there....
John Politzer, the original driver of the Blackbird in the old days, was following me as I drove the Blackbird to the Woodward Dream Cruise and to our paking area at 6:45 AM on Woodward. I did our Michigan left turn, you loop around a center island, as I got staightend out I nailed it. The car leaped and I hit second at 6,500 and the car leaped harder. Than I backed down to park at the display. John pulled in with his car came over and was smiling ear to ear. Now that brings back memories.

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 12-22-2010 at 07:23 PM.