View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
You better update your market cap values.

1. Tesla - 834 B

2. Toyota - 214 B

3. VW - 95 B

https://companiesmarketcap.com/autom...by-market-cap/

Tesla is theoretically worth nearly 4 times what Toyota and over 8 times more than VW is worth???

The following will show you how foolish the market cap for Tesla is looking at what they are actually selling:

1. Tesla - $1,405,000 per car sold

2. Toyota - $20,000 per car sold

3. VW - $9,000 per car sold

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/...on-in-1-chart/

Sirrotica makes an excellent point about the electric infrastructure.

California, the state with the highest electrical car count, suffered from rolling blackouts and brownouts last summer. Yes, it was hot in CA, but the decisions to due away with coal and natural gas generated electric power has reared it's ugly head.

And this happened despite the fact that CA imports more electricity than any other state - over 30%. This importation was a significant reason for their blackouts and brownouts when Nevada and Arizona cut them off last summer.

And there is a cost for this - currently LA residents pay nearly $.21 per kilowatt for their electricity and SF pays nearly $.24 per kilowatt...
Im not a fan of the car and I’m not a fan of electrics, so I’m with you on that.
But that’s what it’s valued at and theres a lot of arguing over it and there’s some points I can’t make here as it would go political.
I have a sell price in case it drops so, I’m not worried. Unfortunately if they crashed down it could do much damage to the market.

And sirerotica, agree with your points.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.