View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm excited for you! Just to yank your chain, your last post in this thread was TWO years ago. I know, time flies!

I had to have 4 screw holes welded up where a fuel block got mounted to the firewall plus a hacked out hole where a PO ran the oil line from the sender to the cheapo mechanical underdash gauge. All fixed now.

I would have loved a bunch of other colors but was just happy to have a '64 GTO when I got it, originally Pinehurst Green, in red primer when I purchased it. Once the finish color went on, I am ecstatic about it. I think you will really love the Saddle Bronze when you get to see the fresh paint.

My own '64 spent about 25 years in Boise before I bought it and drove it straight thru to Chicago, the only time I've ever driven it. Now 25 years (actually 27+) later, I'm hoping to drive it later this year but there are no guarantees. Progress in the past 3 years has been supersonic compared to the first couple decades but I find it hard to be patient whenever we hit a snag and there have been a bunch. I will always regret having waited so long to get it done.

Any work done putting the engine together yet? That is the really fun part for me.

Keep up the good work.