View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Took white car to an 80+ local small show yesterday. Storm was forecasted and did blow in mid afternoon, so they hurried up so people could leave before and get cars home. How this ties into cruising is so many people were deathly afraid and in a state of terror over potential raindrops on their mega X car. The other point I noticed, and I think it always has been this way, except older, I now have different perspective eyeballs then I used to. But what I noticed was how over half the cars were not very streetable set ups and some were totally unusable to drive. I get race cars and marginally legal street hero cars, I do, but when over half the field has cars they can't (or won't) drive over ten miles and none on over 45mph roads, it looks like the "cruising" part is kind of missing for many. I do love the full scale "model" cars, I do really, the ultra modified ones are the crowd ga-ga cars for sure and with stock resto ones, the guiding light to emulate. But for some reason they make me sad, like the puppy that never gets walked ....

ps, I do have an ever growing list of places / roads / times of day to not drive my car and I have to keep reminding myself none of this will matter when I am 89 and what do I care how immaculate I leave my car for some other joker????

Last edited by bird72; 07-12-2015 at 10:41 AM.