Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
The stance that we shouldn't make a big deal about this ignores the pandemic aspect. There will be plenty of time for back study (forensic) data analysis after we are over the wave. Calling fellow Pontiac people "hysterical" is unbrotherly, demeaning, and exaggerated. Concern is not hysteria. It is great being "calm" about this. Being "intolerant" is another thing.
Anthony, many of the posts on here ARE “hysterical”. My wife is the divisional VP of clinical for a major senior living community corporation. In layman’s terms, she’s the divisional chief nursing officer.Her division is MI, WI, IL, IN, OH, PA, NJ and DE. Out of 5,000 resident and 5,000+ staff they have ONE positive case of COVID-19; ONE. When I see folks vapidly opining about the “skyrocketing” number of cases of COVID-19, it galls me that people refuse to remove their blinders long enough to research REALITY. IF you have underlying conditions AND you’re over sixty COVID-19 COULD be life threatening. For the vast majority of Americans? NO. It will make you sick for a few days but that is it. Does ANYONE actually believe the Chinese told the truth about their number of infections and deaths? I have seen CREDIBLE estimates at up to 750,000 Chinese died as a result of COVID-19. You ARE aware that the Chinese are no longer testing for COVID-19?

Dr. Thomas Sowell