View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Senior Chief

That is an ingenious solution to getting a CAI at a Red Green Price. Hey if it works why not? Can you hear it sucking air like the CAI's do? Are you getting any kind of heat stroke?

I debated on a CAI, although many guys love them for me nearly 300 is a lot and I held off. A fellow on another forum had a 2006 GTO he was selling with about 1500 miles on it, he purchased and installed an AEM CAI. The CAI was on his car maybe 3 weeks with next to zero miles on it. He sold it to me for 50.00. Man did I get a deal. The inside of the tube still smelled new, and he gave me a new unused filter. AEM is an oil less filter, so no oiling.

He also spent 530 on a JHP sport gauge POD. Matching cluster and font. That was in his car about 3 weeks. I never gave any thought to buying one as 500.00 IMO is way overpriced. He asked me if I'd give him 300.00 for it. It's in my car. 300 is a bit much too IMO but I like the idea of having an oil pressure gauge. The 04-06's should have come with one in the cluster to begin with.