View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hello - this is TJ speaking

Where has the time gone? Don and I will have been married 43 years this Sept. 9, 2021. But our lives have actually been interwoven since 1967 - that’s 54 years! They’ve been good ones - most of which involved Pontiacs of some kind.

All of the events related here and the info gathered are no exaggeration. They were recorded from our collective memories, with the help of lots of documentation from our racing scrapbooks and photo albums. I was there (for all but a very few instances) and witnessed it all myself.

What a trip it has been. Through the years we’ve had “ ‘Birds,” “Goats,” horses, cats, dogs and friends that we’ve seen come and go. But we’ll always have our memories - and our scrapbooks if our memories get a little fuzzy, we can look it up!

These last few years were filled more with good intentions of racing than actually racing. Things just don’t always turn out like you hope they will.

The last bracket car Don was building in his new Speed Barn 3 shop just wouldn’t cooperate and, as time passed, so did his enthusiasm for working on it. Finally, the bittersweet decision was made to sell it and the last ‘Bird left the Speed Barn 3 nest in May, 2021.

So, what does he spend his time doing, now that he’s not wrenching on a race project?

He’s become my ace yard man, keeping our 20 acres (the T-whinny Acres) mowed, trimmed and bush hogged.

We’ve been so blessed to enjoy our lives that God has so richly granted us. Through many good times and only a few not-so-good times He has kept us; even through the Covid-19 pandemic, unscathed.

We’re both lots older now, and hopefully wiser. But this is where he (we) came from.

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-30-2021 at 05:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ponyakr For This Useful Post: