View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 07:34 PM

The Ridetech streetgrip springs are in with new upper and lower balljoints plus Metro spring isolators, and i am still alive.
Coils springs make me pucker..
just a few miles drive back home after installing them and there is again a noticable difference, gone are the creak and pop of the old eibach springs hitting the frame pocket.
I had to bend the metal tabs in the frame pocket that aligns the spring with a crowbar to get it to seat .
but man o man did the lower balljoint on driver side not want to move, seized on the spindle, no pickelfork, propane torch, hammer, 5 lbs sledge made any difference. a colleage helped me, and he rigged up a series of socket extensions trough the upper balljoint spindle hole and clamped a balljoint press under the lower controlarm and rattled it out with my newly bougth milwaukee high torque 1/2 " impact (1100 lbs torque) the series of extentions was about to fail when it finally came loose!

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++