View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

It is with regret that I need to announce that the Pontiac Heaven Weekend will have to be rescheduled for a later date. This is primarily due to covid issues. While the track has reopened, they are not allowing spectators in and I cannot run the event without them. Spectators include- car show entires, swap meet entries, etc. not just walk ins.
Pontiac Heaven weekend is marketed to people all over the US and beyond. It is not practical for people to take off work, resv hotel rooms, etc and not know if they can get in to enjoy the event, etc.
Those who know me,know I am not good at quitting or giving up but, have to be practical especially with the 10s of thousands of dollars involved to run the weekend.
As an alternative, I am trying to put together a Friday night ( Oct 30 ) drag/show program including 2 classes for Pontiac powered vehicles- trophy and money class. Plus other classes. I will keep you posted on the Pontiac Heaven face book page soon if that can happen. It will be geared to a more local crowd though, of course, all Pontiac powered fans could enter. Please check back.
I am sorry to have to make this announcement, it is hard to do but, the best thing. Thanks to all my sponsors, staff and friends who have helped out. We hope to do the weekend at a later date. SB
Also due to the virus

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11