View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
They are 100% right on the porting work as any of the factory iron intakes even when ported can not really keep up with a out of the box round port E head or the speed master heads out of the box either!
Will such a set up not power you ask?
It will make power even with out of the box heads but amount of power and the power band will just not be what it could be and porting the heads only makes this issue worse!

The reason for the narrow power band that will result is the change in port area , and this change in area is happening the wrong way as the flow progressed from the intake Plenum on into the head , as the expansion rate that’s needed is the wrong way!

In my poorly drawn example number 1 is drawn as the expansion rate ideally should be, and number 2 is drawn to show what you will be having take place,

If your in need of the Eye candy of having a tripower under the hood that’s your decision and is perfectly fine , but you will be squandering away a good bit of power and a nice wide power band that you could otherwise be having!

I just realized how little I know. So as the engine heats up the intake tract dynamics change?

SO, should you flow test an intake head combo with the metal heated to temp?