View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My entire valvetrain including timing chain and pushrods are Lunati Voodoo. I got Paul to order the cam and then when I received it I called Lunati and asked about seat pressure etc. I passed that on to Butler when they were doing my heads. When my engine builder went to assemble the engine the only way he could get good valve tip contact pattern was to use BBC rockers. I started out with Lunati voodoo pontiac rockers. They were a no go. I changed ratios back to 1.5, no go. Tried crane gold, no go. On my Machinist’s recommendation I got the Lunati voodoo for BBC and they were perfect. He said he had seen this two other time over the last 20 years. My engine ran flawlessly on the stand and I can only hope it gives me good service on the road. I have 9600 bucks in it all together. If the lifters fail and wipe out a lobe I guess I will get a higher end set but my machinist said they looked to be good quality and he did the oil band mod so fingers crossed