View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
BTW ... if you use ANY silicone of ANY kind ANY where near the shop where you will be painting you will regret it for the rest of your life I know that's a lot of "ANY" ... but I'm serious, there are probably paint shops that will fire you if you bring any silicone into their shop.

It's an outstanding product to protect things because it is extremely difficult to remove, which is why it's a nightmare in a paint shop. You can touch something with silicone on it and then touch 10 other things and they will all be contaminated. Get it on bare aluminum ... forget ever painting it, even on steel it's a nightmare, I don't think you can even burn the stuff off. I think silicone products are even banned from the entire grounds of OEM production facilities.
It certainly is banned from the entire site. NO silicone (outside of RTV in the Industrial Truck Repair shop) allowed anywhere on company property - same for WD 40 or anything else similar due to the water based paints....same result. And the paint departments are in entirely separate buildings. Strictly Forbidden! They actually come through and spot check our tool boxes every so often for this sort of "contraband". Serious stuff.