View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Senior Chief

Boss,
I can see the consistent broach marks under the 5 digit stamp that is not the correct font for any( and I do mean any) font used by all and I do mean all GM assembly plants. That means Chevy, Poncho, Buick, Olds and Corvette. So your argument is not valid. The font on the 5 digit vertical stamp would have to be correct for your point to be valid and it is clearly not. The marks above it look like razor blade scrapper marks or scuff marks. See it all the time as I do my own rebuilding of these engines. Plus these blocks get drug around on the rebuilders floor and scrapes are added all the time to the faces. Not to mention that The VIN you say is in the wrong place is not wrong. I have seen a bunch of these stamped this way. Got 3 455 HO TA's at the house from Norwood right now that look the same. Robots did not stamp these blocks. I have my Numbers match 1970 RAIII TA WS block that has a rebuilders stamp over the first part of my VIN on the block so I guess by your standards its questionable. I have rebuilt more than 500 motors over the years and have a good pic library of motor stamps.
Questions yes but reasonably explainable BIG YES. Upper code is correct and so is the lower VIN and has correct broach under the VIN. If this block was faked it would have had to have been a non VIN stamped block with correct date and someone had access to the original stamps. Highly unlikely since everything else looks correct.
but if you think there is something wrong then so be it. Hard to convince some people because they hate to be wrong no matter what.
I know it is 100% legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
You must not have eyes. Anyone can see the grinding in this picture and when we asked for a better picture of this area we got one from 10 feet away and then one of a carpenters level laid over the area to prove straightness.

And lets just add things up here - bondo and re-stamp on Engine stamp (proves someone had access to correct stamps and the intent to defraud), Grinding & large numbers where VIN SHOULD BE and then matching VIN in wrong place. I'm not arguing Engine code, timing of VIN or casting date or anything else but when someone has monkeyed with a block to this extent, I would question it!

If you don't form questions after all of this....well, I'll end it there!

White/Black 70 RAIII T/A M21/373 (stripper)
Carousel Red/Black 69 GTO Judge 4 Sp
2002 Firehawk Red/Black 6Sp

Last edited by skunkwerks; 07-18-2017 at 12:55 PM.