View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Senior Chief

Boss,
So let me get this straight. You called me blind in your previous post and I am somehow a child by pointing out your BS argument. Hmmm.
So let me see if I understand your position. You are saying that because of the accidental or intentional grinding and the extra stamped numbers on the face of this block somehow invalidates the other correct stamps on this block and you would call this questionable and would not purchase this car as numbers matching?
Glad all your stuff is perfectly stamped and correct. The robots were in good form on the day they made your cars. Your argument does not invalidate the correctness of the other stamps (my whole argument that seems to be lost with your sense of perfection). Stuff happens to these motors. If you cannot see that this stuff does not have to be perfect to be correct I feel for anyone that has to deal with your everything has to be perfect concept.
Enuff said. We agree to disagree and leave it at that. I don't think I resorted to calling you names first. You started that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I'm not arguing the other number is a VIN, it's clear it doesn't match the correct typeface. I am arguing that the face has been tampered with, that it was bondoed, stamped with a different block code and ground on. There is an assumption the numbers there are a shop stamp because you have no other explanation although it is equally as likely and probable that they were a botched attempt at a VIN for another car - not this one.

Just like you I've seen a lot of blocks - I have seen a block stamped with a Pontiac plant VIN in small font - clearly a fraud and if I told you the car you would know it. We've seen blocks stamped with the VIN in the EUN location - also frauds! So don't act like this one is an absolute, because unless it's been in your living room it's entire life you cannot say definitively what has happened with it!

If you want to come back for another round - change your tone, I don't argue with children!

White/Black 70 RAIII T/A M21/373 (stripper)
Carousel Red/Black 69 GTO Judge 4 Sp
2002 Firehawk Red/Black 6Sp