View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
It appears the car has been restored frame off although done with some incorrect parts and finishes. If you look at the cost of purchasing a nice project car, then depending on how much you can do and how well, you can quickly see the cost to restore a car can easily exceed the cost you can buy one done. Also you need to decide what is important to you, Concourse judging or very nice driver? If shows and judging are in your future you have a lot of work to do with this car. If however driving and enjoying it is your thing a few simple "fixes" can easily be done.
All I am looking for is a very nice driver. I do not want have to have a 100% correct, concourse show car. Its possible it may get into some shows, but really just want to drive. I am well aware of the cost associated with trying to fix up something needing work, and the time involved to get it done. That's what has driven me to start looking at the higher end cars that are complete, clean and present well. Not too concerned about investment, as what ever I get will more than likely be with me until I hit the grave, or can not drive any more.
Seen too many people that have built/restored/bought a car that looks immaculate, only to see them spend their life in a garage, under a cover, as the owners are too stressed about getting things dirty, or rock chips in the paint. What ever I do get, is going to start getting miles racked up. And it will have a good blanket covering the back seat, because my two labs will want to be with me.