View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:30 AM

Turned out, 50k was too much. Too many issues that needed attention. Paint job was really nice, and looked great in person. Interior was great, for the most part. Here are a few of the issues I had with it.
Motor ran awful. Very rough. Had a miss going on. Maybe just needed a tune up, or could have been more. Coolant leaking at manifold to TC cover joint, valve covers leaking, exhaust leak. Brakes needed attention. Would barely stop the car, and shook & vibrated when applied. They installed an aftermarket hurst linkage while they get the original refurbished, so the console was tore apart, and left that way, because it interferred whan going for reverse. The rally dash’s tach was not working properly. Was showing idle at 1800, and would not go above 3000. Window crank fell off, missing clip, pass door trim loose, panel gaps messed up, drivers lower rear quarter behind rear tire had filler, light bulbs burned out, trunk seal installed wrong, had ends at the top, center of trunk opening in stead of the back by latch.
Also, fenders on both sides were installed wrong and left a large gap under the rocker moulding at the rear of the fenders. Glove box was difficult to get open, and console button/latch was missing its retaining clip. The upper bearing? in the steering column allowed for the wheel to move all over.
There was a few more little items also. Far from what I thought should be found on a car that they are asking in the 50’s for.
If I had bought without looking, I would have been very pissed. Car had all kinds of noises when driving, though it was a very short drive.. really kind of irked me when he finally said “this car is more for someone that leaves it in their garage looking pretty, and not meant to be driven”. WTF kind of statement is that? Told me the 4th owner paid $65k for it in ‘18.

Last edited by aogmitch; 05-31-2020 at 10:20 AM.