View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default friendly fire?

i love to watch old ww2 stuff about how all those young men fought for this country againt hitler & japan. i especialy like it when they interview those old guys who were there & lived to tell about. some of those old films record how the large fleets of b-17 bombers would fly from england to bomb germany. they show puffs of black smoke all around. they call it flack. it was meant to disable or destroy the bombers. lately i have pictured myself as one of those b-17's. i'm on a mission to help or cause, but there's flack all around-- don't know if i'm gonna make it or not. then i look down & see that it's not the enemy thats firing at me, its its my own guys manning those flack guns. its friendly fire! but it ain't so friendly. an american football hero recently went to afghanistan & was killed by "friendly fire". when the flack started i first thought " hey. i don't need this. here i am trying to share a little of what i know that i think might help some young racer & all i get is flack." " who do you think you are trying to tell us how to race, we already know more than you, what have you ever done?" i started to pull out, but then i got a couple of positive words of encouragement(thanks for that guys!) so i decided to try & stick it out. the guys on the racing site strongly suggested that i take my nonsense to the street section, so here i am. i'm gonna try 1 more time to help. if nobody wants to hear it i'm outa here. all i ask is hear it, consider it' then make your own decision.