View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 PM

hi Keith,
you sure know and work with some interesting people.

any videos of your ride-alongs available? I'm sure those would be fun to watch.

maybe some day Kris can tell us why GM decided not to certify the late model GTO in Canada (yes, all Canadians remain bitter to this day), my understanding is that Canada has no ability to test cars, so we don't ask for any cars to test, all a manufacturer has to do is submit the appropriate paperwork that says the manufacturer promises that the car meets Canadian requirements, and then we'll allow the car to be sold here (we're very trusting).

But GM wouldn't even do that, so no GTO's at dealerships and couldn't even import them until rule was changed long after production ended. I'm sure many Pontiac dealerships up here were very unhappy and at that point started looking to add complimentary makes or give up on Pontiac (which I guess in hind sight might have actually put them in a better position considering what eventually happened).

Not saying that Canada could have been for Pontiac what China is for Buick, but every little bit could have helped. Now we just have to import them every chance we get.