View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's dead stock John, only has 11,000 miles on it, and I weigh a bit over 300# (yeah I know, I'm a fat ass). The car weighs just over 4000 W/O me, so I would guess that between me, fuel, car I was over 4400#

I think even with me the car could get VERY close to a 12.99 Also, all of my runs that day were with traction control on, so I think there may be a bit left there.

I have drag raced before, but it was 30 years ago and it was bikes, and it was all heads up racing, several of those rounds I could have won if I would have remembered to look over in the other lane.

Some of them I was way ahead and easily could have slowed and still crossed the line first.

I think the car is very consistent, I am the weak link, as most of my day was spent just trying to stage where I could get the best RT.

I started off with a .4553 and progressed down to an .0072 then I red lite, and came back with a final run of .0039

So basically it took me all day JUST to get comfortable staging and figuring out where to leave on the lite in relation to how deep or shallow I staged.

One other note, it is a lot different trying to "bump" a car into the lite than walking a bike in. lol

But I'm learning!

Stan

Last edited by Transporter; 10-09-2013 at 09:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Transporter For This Useful Post: