View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkCamaro View Post
Concerning the mileage, from my perception the 6,823 is correct. BUT, Sky (that’s my buddy who bought it) hasn’t confirmed the mileage with the owner. The owner, (the daughter of the woman who originally bought it), is in poor health and in the hospital. Sky has been trying to buy this car for six years. It’s never been listed, he just heard about it, then after a few years finally figured out where it was and tracked it down and pursued an amiable relationship with the owner. So when they decided to let go of it they gave him a price and he happily paid it.
It’s “possible” that the mileage is not correct, but I HIGHLY doubt it. My Alaskan 73 TA has 34,000 miles and was rougher. My Alaskan 70 SS 396 camaro has 80,000 miles with original paint and is rougher.
For this car to go 100,000 miles, in Alaska, which was all dirt roads in the 70/80s, and not ever slide into a ditch or a curb or hit a stop sign.... it’s impossible.
Cars don’t Rust to bad up here (unless you are right next to the ocean), but they do get battered.
my brother lived in Alaska and had a 76 50th ann 455 4speed and a 79 ta he drove both of them on a regular basis and they looked brand new. when he moved from Alaska to Hawaii he sold the 79 and shipped me the 76 to store for him. when it arrived it looked brand new inside and outside was totally rust free but the paint had dulled down he said when the volcano erupted he was in the mainland and it got covered with ash and sat for at least a month covered in the ash.