View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Senior Chief

Default insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Unless you are ready to do customization, those types of kits are not for you. And if you want it to look good, you have to be fairly good with customization.

Almost all the kits serve multiple years, and you have to pick and choose the connectors, etc and install the ones that fit your app. I am in the middle of an AWW install, it's a custom install, and on just the dash harness, I have like 40 hours in it, and probably have another 20 hours to go.

There are alternatives to M&H, but most are competitively priced, so there's no real gain/savings.

Dash harnesses are the most expensive, but are usually the ones that are the most hacked up. You can remove it, lay it on a table, and replace what areas are damaged, then re-wrap. It still won't be as clean as a replacement one, but you will save money.

It's much easier to just pull a dash harness out of the box, and replace the existing one. All the ends/connectors are pretty much a fall-in-place hook up.

Hello, I'll be soon starting the dash install of the AAW update kit , on the bench. Just curious what issues you had when installing your AAW kit.

Thanks

KRE 461,310 CFM 85cc, KB pistons, Eagle rods, Ohio crank KRE custom HR236,Dougs ceramic,Edelbrock Pro Flo 4. Quick Performance 9".
552HP 594 TQ