View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 02:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My 2 cents I have had a fitech go efi for about 6 yrs on my 78 trans am. Performance has been very good. Reliability not so much. My unit was a very early production model. I had issues with the connector’s and wiring on harness melting. Apparently they were undersized initially and that has been corrected on newer models. I had to cut the connectors and hard wire mine. Problem solved. I originally used their fuel command center and mounted it under the hood. I had 2 pumps fail so i switched to a tanks inc fuel tank with internal pump. This solved the fuel issue. Today i went to fire the car up after it has sat for about 3 months. Car fired up and imeadiatly died. Tried to start several times and it would fire off then die right away. After a call to fitech we have determined that the ECU is bad. My options are send it back and have them replace the ecu, order an ecu and install it myself or replace the entire unit. The least expensive option is me ordering and installing the ecu. Cost is around $250. I have less than 10k miles on the unit the car never sees rain and sit covered in a garage so it is not neglected. I am seriously considering going with the holley sniper. Fitech tech support has been very good to answer questions and diagnose issues I’ve experienced but i think i have spent enough time and $$ on this unit and it may be time to move on. FWIW