View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracowizard View Post
It would be good to learn more of these options. I've already obtained and hope to use rear disc setup with internal brake that i removed from a Jimmy Blazer. Trying to adapt the ebrake looks to be the biggest hurdle.
Like others using hydroboost this could be a plus as my brother needs a setup for his 72 Lemans which has little vacuum. So looking forward to seeing what you may share!
S10 Brakes... Again proven 2nd Gen F Body.

From the S10 you'll need baking plates one from and 2 wheel drive and one from a 4 wheel drive. You see if you're working on a 2nd gen one caliper is in front of the axle and one is in the rear.

Rotors obviously new or used. I bought drilled and slotted for $100.00 for the pair on Epay.

Calipers as cheap as $30 or 40 each at Advance. Or Junk yard.

A pair of hoses new Advance or junk yard.

A 1/4 inch spacers from S10 Warehouse $30.00

Ok cable magic. Cut the end of your existing cable off and pull it out of the casing. Use the cable core out of the S10. So you cut the S10 cable end off at the front end pull it out of its housing and slip it in F body housing, measure and cut it to the right length. Remove cable assembly entirely and bring to a Cable rigging place that assembles crane cables and they can swedge the pellet on for about $15.00 for the pair.

Master cylinder for '79 Trans Am with 4 wheel disc.

Everything is a bolt on except little brackets for the brake hose at caliper location.

This what worked for me. I assume NO RESPONSIBILITY.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars