View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
Very good point. I need to check this first. the global west weld in at the rear location only, bolt in the front and you drill holes in the side for the additional front bolts.

the aluminum bushings they provide are smaller, could very well be its to clear the side bolts. could weld the front anyway but I don't want that.

this much I know, if I run into that trying to use the polys i'll let em collect dust and maybe do a mod well down the road and put em on. one reason I wanted to do em now was I don't have the fuel tank and line in. hate the idea of welding anywhere near fuel. probably no need to feel like that, i'm carefull. always wondered how the muffler shop guys don't seem bothered at all throwing weld sparks around ha.

I got lulled into the gw connector install looking very easy. but their video showed the car on a nice 4 post lift, and no engine or trans in the car used. big difference. I briefly tried to install them but after fighting alignment I didn't want to waste anymore time having more important restoration items to address.
The Alston ones were pretty darn easy. The only issue I had was having to drop the exhaust, and wishing I would have bought more than one drill bit. They dull quickly.
Also the aforementioned issue of not being able to get both bolts into the front. I too, didn't want to hard weld them in. What I think Im going to do is compromise and put several spot welds on in addition to the single bolt. That way it gets some more structural strength to make up for the missing bolt, but should be that had to chisel off if I ever need to.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports