View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing AMD did to me that I did not like was left out two body bushings and just handed them to me when I picked the car up with a picture of how they needed to be modified and said have at it. Apparently the body bushings under each door in the front were too tall and they couldnt get thread engagement. I contacted Ames and they said that shouldnt be and that all the bushings were the same but nonetheless I took AMD word for it. After consulting a local bodyshop and them telling me it would be at least 200 bucks if not more I called AMD back and asked them just what the hell was I supposed to do with these bushings, they took it off the frame they should put it back. Again they referred me to the picture and told me to just cut about a 1/4 of an inch of the top bushing and I would be good to go. I am terrified of body work because I know nothing about it. Anyway I got out a fresh box cutter and using painters tape I took about a quarter of and inch off both bushings. I went outside. Took everything loose but not off, slid the bushings in and bolted them down. Took less than 30 minutes. So thats done and I am proud of myself.