View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCronkGTO View Post
Unfortunately I think the clubs are dying a slow death. The economy, participants getting older, etc., there are a lot of reasons why. All the more incentive to have a co-vention in a central location possibly at the same venue. I continually hear how it is a herculean effort for chapters to pull of these events. A lot of "reinventing the wheel" and inexperience could be avoided by having the event at the same place and run by the same people. Processes will become more efficient, leveraging a 2 to 3 year contract with a facility can bring the cost down etc. More participants means more revenue to cover costs. You could move the location every third or fourth year but still be centrally located giving both coasts a chance of attending. I think it makes it easier for people to make plans when they know it will be in the same location for a couple of years. I live in Florida so any convention for me is a major commitment in time and resources.

I also believe that to survive the clubs will need to work more closely together or else they will die out.

Mark Cronk
A lot of folks probably agree with you on the CoVention idea, but I'm afraid we'll never see another CoVention. In listening to some of the scuttlebutt in Columbus, IN. I understand that due to all of the politics between the two clubs it will just never happen again. It will become obvious what I'm talking about in the future.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT