View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs64goat View Post
I ran my car with the Y type cutouts between the headers and exhaust. 3" Torq Tech pipes and Walker dynomax mufflers. Car was 12.0 @ 110. Open vs exhaust was less than 1 mph and a tenth. I did run 18" extensions with the old paint stripe to try to find length. Wasn't any faster. When my 1 3/4 headers shot craps I put on Heddman Hustler 2" primary 3 1/2" collector I had sitting for years with 18" extensions. Ran the 1/8 and hit 91 mph forget et but first time over 90 in 1/8th. Have to get to !/4 to see what happens. Also have an X pipe to try but it's tight going 3 1/2, reducer to 3, X pipe, mufflers etc.
In case you're not aware, Dr. Gas still makes a nice "X" that reduces the exhaust for you from 3 1/2" to 3" so you can keep the 3 1/2" size come from the header collector all the way to the X, and then run a 3" size after, into the mufflers and 3" tails.

That's how dad's GTO is configured, with the electric cutouts in the 3 1/2" section.

Fits nice on any A-body without issue. F-body would be a little tighter, depends on what you're working on.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE