View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Interested to hear others thoughts on this. My daughter will be driving next year and I’m starting to look around for something fun,interesting and safe. She wanted to drive the 30th anniversary but it’s in really nice shape- too nice to let a teenager tear up the white interior and let it sit in a high school parking lot.

A friend of mine has a nice 1995 Firehawk that he is willing to sell but it needs some repairs. The car is very solid, 80k miles, no rust, subframe connectors and x brace; no cracks in dash or door panels, in fact the interior looks new. The fascia of the car needs to be painted but the rest of the car is in great shape- never been in any accidents.

Here’s the situation- the car is not running and he can’t figure out why. Imagine it is the opti spark but he said he already tried that and a computer. I feel confident the car can be fixed- it just may cost some. I would start with a new opti spark and check the wiring from there.

Here’s the question- assuming the car is fixed relatively easily, is this car reliable/safe enough for a 16 yr old to drive? School is only 10 min away so she would not be driving far but this is still a 25 yr old car
The perfect car is a mid 90’s Buick roadmaster estate wagon and it has to have wood . V8 decent gas mileage goes good in the snow very stable on the road big car lots of room and usually is well option which may or not be what you’re looking for Got a 93 for one of my sons in college he didn’t like it at first but once everybody got used and the wood . It became the car to be in for his college wrestling team.