View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Update:

Been continuing to take stuff off the car. The sandblaster is ready and waiting for me! I'm going slow ... it takes me 3 hours to do what some of you can do in 15-20 minutes ... but that's OK ... I'm having fun trying to figure out how to take things off and apart without cutting, slamming, or denting anything as it's removed.

I was going to take a trip to the radiator man to make sure that's up to snuff but I decided to wait till this week. Now that the radiator, fuel tank, and condenser are all out I will take them to him tomorrow after traffic court (that 2010 Challenger continues to get me in trouble! lol) I will taking the 40 minute trip. I will also be bringing in the tranny to get looked at and have any issues dealt with this week. I'm hoping the company I go to will be proficient with muncies ... last will be packing up my am/fm radio to send out to get totally restored (I purchase a brand new (nos) am/fm slider and plate for it so it's going to look good as well as sound good!)

As for the body work a friend of mine who attends my church has volunteered to do the body work for me. Need lower rear front fenders patched and lowever rear qtrs. patched. That's it and it'll all be under the moldings when done. He said he'll make it look like it was never done. He is a great guy and very meticulous. That'll probably happen sometime in July?

Took more stuff off and out of the engine compartment. It's almost 100% stripped ... a couple of hard to get to bolts for the a/c box ... I'm trying to keep the hood hinges on the car because the hood shut better than a new car ... but may have to remove that one. I want the fit and finish at the end to be just right.

The engine is done ... hanging pulleys and accessories ... I didn't have the water pump pulley but is coming my way through Jeff Hillman from Hillman Restorations ... gotta tell you guys ... he is a gentleman and great guy. Knows his stuff for this car to be sure.

Purchasing a hand held sandblaster for small parts and brackets and screws, bolts, etc etc. All big parts I'll just have my sandblaster do ... he is VERY reasonable and talented.

I used to own (for 6 months before selling) an asbestos removal company and I remember that if we took the right amount time and care in building containment chambers then the job went quick on the takedown. This is similar ... if the proper time is spent making the right decisions up front ... I believe the overall project will move faster AND be done with more excellence. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

I'll post some pics later and tomorrow.

1970 GTO Convertible 455 Ram Air M-21, Atoll/Blue/Black, Hood Tach, 3:31 12-Bolt Posi, A/C, Console

1966 Grand Prix 421 Tripower 4spd, Marina Turquoise/Turquoise, a/c, console, posi, reverb. pa, pb, ps, remote mirror, mats

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6spd Hemi, Detonator Yellow, black stripe, black leather