Thread: 2006 GXP
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Senior Chief

I bought a 2006 white GXP years ago and absolutely loved it. The 5.3 is one of GMs better motors and the tuned one they put in the GXPs will not disappoint. That car may have one of the best factory exhaust sounds in decades.

The 2005's tended to have a lot more transmission failures while the 2006's didn't. I followed a GXP board for a while and saw that trend.

The one thing that annoyed me on my GXP was the endless rattles and squeaks in the interior. I spent a good amount of time trying to resolve them and I had some success, but the hard plastics and miscellaneous fit and finish issues kept me annoyed.

Overall, the car was excellent, with a few annoyances, and it was one helluva great performer. I don't think the 128k mileage will be a big issue, but I would highly recommend servicing the tranny.

You're going to also be faced with the different size tires issue between the front and rear...and they're not particularly cheap.

I would recommend the car as I think you'd enjoy it, but there are some issues with those models, and there are some extra costs involved over and above the standard GPs.