View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 08:49 PM

Default Just a young man seeing if he can find any info on his dad's old project.

Hello, my name is Joe. I'm 20 years old and live in the metro Detroit area. Around the time I was born, my dad owned 1973 Esprit that he was attempting to restore. Originally yellow with black interior, and powered by a 350 w/ TH350, he paid $500 for it. Yeah, them days is gone.

Anyway, his daily driver S10 had an electrical fire at one point, so he traded it for engine work on the 400 he put in it. He shot a coat of primer on it, got it driving, and unfortunately had to sell it, due to the financial responsibility of two kids.

Even though we could never afford to buy it back, I'd love to know where it ended up.

Some of the key identifiers:
-Barebones wiring (Dad hated wiring, still does. He described the wiring as "hacked up" by himself when I was chatting with him earlier.)
-Rotted rear rails (Shocking, right? At least given what I've read.)
-Fiberglassed floor pans (Poor, and inexperienced. Working with what he had.)

Here are some pictures of it as he sold it.
If you bought a car like this out of Southeast MI around 2000, that very well could be it.

(Incidentally, last summer I found out a gentleman down the street from us has a '73 Formula in his garage in pieces.)