View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 01:23 AM

I don't have a scanner at the house, but I figured I'd post some pictures of it when it was the factory Sunlight yellow. And one more in its' primer grey form because the Formula hood is badass.

That plate is the closest thing I have to documentation/paperwork sadly.

The original Poncho 350. Gotta remember, this was the late 90s and it was "just" an Esprit. At least he didn't put a small block Chevy in it!

I'm sure there was no reason to, but I blocked out my sister's face just because it gives me peace of mind to not put it out there.

When dad got it, the original hood had a hole whacked in it for a bug catcher. He had no plans (or money) to run anything requiring one anyway, and well, like I said, and most can agree, the Formula hood is a fantastic choice.

I mentioned he got it for $500. Well, the neighbor was so happy to see it go he let them use his jumpbox to charge the battery to see if they could get it to run. It did, and he drove it on the trailer. Two blocks from home, he says to his buddies, "Hey, pull over, maybe if I drive it up, Julie (his wife and my wonderful mom) won't hate it as much!"

Something tells me it didn't help much. Mom eventually grew to like it, but she says she didn't appreciate him and his buddies running it and revving it at close to midnight with a newborn in the house (me). Ah, when you're fairly young (29) and with your friends, you tend not to think as right.

He also had a friend's neighbor threaten to smash the window out after one too many peelouts. I mean, I understand the neighbor's view, but that's a bit much. (One of my closest friends got a '72 Ranchero this year, and he did a brakestand out front of the house. It was cool for five minutes until we both felt bad about it for the neighbors' sake. Thankfully, they didn't complain and we both agreed no more fooling around at my house.)

I think every time I see a '73 at shows next summer, I'll inquire about it.